A Load Off My Mind

By Donald Mytnik

Many years ago I had encountered a problem about what to do with the tear off shingles I had piled up in my driveway from our garage roof that we had just redone. My first thought was to pile them up in the back off my van and dump them behind an abandon grocery store like everyone else had done with their junk. But I didn't feel at peace about that even though many others were doing that. I didn't have the money to get a dumpster and the regular garbage man wouldn't take this much stuff." Maybe I should dump my stuff behind the grocery store," I thought, "hmmmm, no there's got to be a better way," I said. Then I prayed. Yes it came to that! "Lord what am I going to do here with these nasty shingles full of rusty nails?" The Lord replied quickly to me (not in a audible voice but he spoke to my heart), "Why don't you call the village and ask them?" (Light bulb moment!) I did and they said,"Sure no problem." They sent a dump truck and front loader to scoop up and haul away all that I had at no charge. Only when I have given up my thoughts about how to dispose of this load in an illegal way was the Lord able to help me with what to do about this situation. If you're struggling on how to fix a problem and mess in your life I encourage you to stop trying to fix it alone and seek out God and ask him by his Holy Spirit on what you should do to get things right.
Isaiah 55:8 "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts" says the Lord "and my way are far beyond anything you could imagine."

Comments